Monday, October 16, 2006

Dinner #1 - oktoberfest

Our first dinner was in October and I decided that it would be fun to have themes so obviously the only choice would be Oktoberfest - or else we would have been eating a lot of candy and pumpkins. Hmm. maybe that would have been preferable heh. There is an art to photographing food. Apparently I do not know it so blame the photographer and not the cooks.

Potato Salad by M. Not quite german but very tasty.
Corn Muffins by R. mmm. that totally hit the spot. Not german either. People aren't following instructions!
Cabbage dish by J. It's purple! eek. It truly was not as scary as it looks in the picture. It had a nice blend of flavors.
Bratwurst by B. Amazing how much beer flavor the onions picked up.
Potato and dumpling soup by R. It had a nice smoky charcoal flavor. That of course was on purpose.
Steak/bacon roll by J. There was pickle in there too which worked surprisingly well. Needless to say, I felt my arteries clogging after I ate it. Are germans fat? Or do they just die young?
Apple Strudel by me. Two different recipes - one much more complicated than the other. I preferred the simpler taste of the easier one. The secret is to buy phyllo dough.

Comments:
test comment

No pictures of the apple cider? I was so impressed by everyone's food. Who knew my always-eating-out friends could cook? Tastiness.

I want some of dat stroooodel

Ja, alles schmeckte gut!